5 Ways to Improve the 24/7 Championship

Heeeelllloooo Wrestling people!! Welcome to my first ever blog for Pro Wrestling Podcast. For my first blog I want to talk about the 24/7 championship. I know on the podcast every week we give praise towards the segments that we see every week on Raw and Smackdown live, however I think we need to discuss how the WWE can make it better. Here’s my five ways they can achieve that goal. 


Defend the championship on ALL brands

 On May 20, 2019 WWE hall of Famer Mick Foley unveiled the WWE 24/7 Championship to a not so pleased crowd. He declared the belt can be defended on any show for any brand including NXT, 205 Live, and NXT UK. So far the championship has only appeared on Raw and Smackdown Live. It would be interesting to see someone in their developmental brands win the belt and show up on either Raw or Smackdown to defend it.


Change the color of the strap 
Let’s face it the belt color is ugly. I understand why they don’t want to give the belt a red or blue color strap, because people would identify it as belonging to a certain brand. My thought here is change the color of the strap to a traditional black color.


Give it to the women
The women’s evolution is a real thing! Back in the days of the Hardcore Championship I would’ve hated the thought of a woman winning the belt (yes I know it happened) but now a days it wouldn’t bother me at all. Women are now a critical part of the show, and if done right this could be another way to showcase them.



Don’t always use humor
 the humor aspect is what has gotten the championship over with the fans. I do feel however that too much humor can ruin the title. My advice is every so often give it to a lower card guy and have them defend it with pride as a way to push them up the card, instead of having R-Truth hiding in storage containers avoiding twenty superstars.

Get hardcore 
 Let’s be honest this title is a PG era version of the Hardcore Championship. At least every so often have someone win it by using some violence as a nod to the past. Have some one win it and wherever they go they have a steel chair with them to help fight off challengers.



Those are my five things the WWE could do differently to help make the 24/7 championship better!

Any other suggestions? Please let us know on our social media accounts!

-Mat



Any other suggestions? Please let us know on our social media accounts!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Best WWE Theme songs right now

5 Reasons CM Punk should join AEW

5 GOOD Creative decisions by WWE right now